About the Alberta iMarket
What is Alberta iMarket?
Alberta iMarket promotes regional and rural products and services to both a local, and a larger market. It is a non-profit online market where Canadian shoppers and Alberta/NE Saskatchewan small business owners connect.
Who runs it?
Alberta iMarket was started by a committee of Community Futures managers from the St. Paul, Bonnyville/Cold Lake, Lloydminster, and Lac la Biche regions, and the Conseil de developement economique de l’Alberta. This committee continues to oversee the project.
The site was built and is maintained by a Canadian based website developer. Daily management, promotion and vendor support is handled by a marketing manager based in Bonnyville, AB.
WHY was it created?
- As a low-barrier channel for local entrepreneurs to get their products and services online.
- To bring economic development and diversity to our communities (particularly our rural and northern areas.)
Who is it for?
Vendors: Alberta and northeast Saskatchewan based small businesses. Whether you’re service based, home-based, a sole proprietorship, or incorporated, Alberta iMarket can work for you. No technical skills required to get started. Alberta iMarket can act as your businesses’ sole online presence, or it can supplement your existing online and traditional channels.
Customers: Alberta iMarket is open to all Canadian customers. Most of the products on Alberta iMarket can be shipped across Canada.
What does it cost?
Your first 30 days are FREE. Thereafter:
- $10 CDN/month for service businesses & non-profits (information only listing)
- $20 CDN/month for retail businesses
Payments are handled by Stripe, a 3rd party credit card processor. Stripe’s fees are 2.9% + 30 cents/transaction. Sale proceeds are automatically deposited into your account.
What is included?
- Unlimited sales & unlimited products
- Local, live support (phone, Zoom, or in person).
- Features on our social media channels, customer newsletter, and website landing page.
- Exposure through our aggregate marketing campaigns (includes radio, billboards, TV, newsprint, and digital).
- Shared customer base.
- Participation in our network of 125+ vendors
- Free use of photography props – large light ring, light box, and backdrop.
- Vendors have their own ‘mini-store’ to manage their information and products.
- Link to your external website and social media channels.
- Set your own parameters around shipping, pickup, and delivery.
- Shoppers can search by location, merchant, category, or by product type.
- Vendor dashboard provides thorough analytics and tracking.
- Streamlined, consistent experience for the customer.
- The blog offers supplemental content to help drive and engage the audience.
- Built in security, updates, and maintenance.
- Search engine optimization.
HOW do I get started?
Click here to get started. Fill in all applicable information and submit!