St. Paul Art Walk Pamphlet - A People Kind of Place
St. Paul may be known for its UFO Landing Pad and it is awesome... but the best known secret around town is the Art!
We have created a self-directed walk for you to enjoy. The walk includes:
- Numerous art pieces from artists Herman Poulin, Stewart Steinhauer, Stephen Yettaw and others.
Painting, stone carving, metalwork, etc.
- 10 Historical Plaques designed and built locally that tells the story of our community.
- Banners in our downtown painted by volunteers from our Not For Profits that brighten up our downtown and our spirits.
- Work continues on our downtown park and you can now see the finished "We All Dance" installation.
- Walk the boardwalk in Lagasse Park and learn about the cultural and historical aspects of our region.
- Visit the new "21 Strands" monument dedicated to the thousands of Ukrainian and Europeans that were interred in camps across Canada. - See the murals around the community that also have a story to tell.
As you move around town there is opportunities to dig deeper into history through works on-site at the Royal Canadian Legion and at the St. Paul Museum. There are numerous unique restaurants to grab something to eat and some nice shopping opportunities.
You must also stop and do a selfie on the Landing Pad and check out the Visitor Centre that features much more art and products by local artisans.
If you would like pdf. of our Art Walk Booklet, you can download it for free here!!
No posts found